Monday 1 March 2021

Lockdown Lesson

 **Not a promotional post

**Wanted to share something which might be useful to someone which taught me a lesson not to ignore any symptoms at any point of time.





Like many others, this lockdown was a roller coaster for me when it comes to health. Had a major health issue which I ignored the symptoms from August 2020. Late November 2020 I was completely devasted to see my blood test result where the values are abnormal and was under many health complications. With the help of Ganasaraswathy Saravanan akka I visited naturopathy clinics(Dr Keerthana) and Aura reflexology(Mr Vedha) centre where I experienced different types of medications. As I was lethargic for 4 months(gained 15 kg of weight) and had ignored all symptoms, my health was really complicated to get treated in a natural way and I was suggested to visit a allopathic doctor for emergency treatment. Few days were really stressful where my thoughts were - whether I'll be alive with all these complications. Had and having heavy dosage of tablets and got treated with a gynic and a harmonal clinic doctor. And also following some lifestyle changes suggested by naturopathy doctor and Aura reflexology.


Challenged myself to some lifestyle change, joined Beledi and Yoga( Durai Yoga and Murugesan Ranjani team) and I walk on terrace when I have extra time. Also joined a mindfulness session by @GS akka. These people were really understanding, they listened to all the ailments of mine and customized and suggested alternative workout since I also have a knee injury...


Meanwhile I accepted friendly fitness challenges of Manepalli Vinay Babu Zealous Gang - Driven by Zeal and Fitness and fitbit challenges of Anita Sathish .. Though I didn't come first or be a winner in these challenges, they are real motivating where I can push myself forward each and every day. Also had a chance of learning tips from other similar fitness people.


With the perseverance and strong will I could see a difference both physically and mentally. I did not get back to my pre lockdown weight and shape but still I could feel the lightness in my body and mind. I started being ME again 




PS : I'm still under medication and religiously following all the changes that I adapted recently and I'm feeling much better than before 


 I gave myself a best gift for my birthday.


Lesson learnt : Listen to your body, no one knows you better than you 


 Don't ignore even a tiny bit of symptom. Always choose what's right for you and Be YOU no matter whether you go out for work or forced to be at home in a lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment